5 Scary Easy Halloween-Inspired Snacks
If you’re like us, you’re finding it hard to believe it’s already Halloween. Summer felt like just yesterday, but now suddenly one of the biggest nights of the year is upon us and Thanksgiving is just around the corner!
Candy, food, and fun are synonymous with our favorite spooky holiday - who doesn’t love sweet Halloween treats and yummy snacks that incorporate a ghoulishly fun spin? Luckily, throwing together some Halloween snacks this year doesn’t have to be time-consuming - meaning you’ll have more time to hang with the kiddos or enjoy some scary holiday fun!
We’ve put together 5 Scary Easy Halloween-Inspired Snacks that you can prep and serve in no time. So you can get back to all the fun stuff.
1. Mummy Pizza
This Halloween food idea is frighteningly easy; plus, it’s super cute. You only need to grab four ingredients for this recipe.
- 8 mozzarella sticks
- 1 jar of pizza sauce, 14 oz.
- Sliced black olives
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough, 8 count
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Take each biscuit and press flat in a circle shape onto the baking sheet.
- Add 3 tbsp. of pizza sauce to each biscuit circle and coat evenly.
- For the mummy’s eyes, place two olive pieces at the top of each biscuit slice.
- Cut each mozzarella stick into strips of varying sizes and lay them horizontally around the olives.
- Bake pizzas for 15 minutes and serve.
2. Halloween Pumpkin Cheese Ball
A Halloween-themed cheese board is super simple to throw together and sure to please all of your guests. Not only is this pumpkin cheese ball recipe easy to make, it’s super YUMMY.
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 and ¾ cups shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. salsa
- Nacho-flavored doritos
- 2 bell peppers
- Blend cream cheese, minced onion, shredded cheddar, minced jalapeno, cumin, garlic powder, and salsa in a large bowl with a hand mixer.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap flat and scoop the cheese mixture onto it. Wrap the plastic wrap over the cheese mixture and form into a ball. Chill for 2 hours.
- Crush 8-10 large Doritos and roll the refrigerated ball in chips to coat.
- Slice bell peppers into strips, reserving one pepper top to press into the top of the cheese ball.
- Place the cheese ball onto your cheese board and surround with Doritos and pepper strips for dipping.
3. Devil’s Food Candy Corn Cookies
These cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with the Halloween favorite - candy corn.
- 2 eggs
- 1 and ½ cups candy corn
- 1 15.25 oz devil’s food cake mix box
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs into a large bowl. Add in candy corn and stir until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place tablespoon-size scoops of cookie mix about ½ inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
4. Sweet Pumpkin Dip
Not only is this sweet pumpkin dip perfect for Halloween night, but it’s full of fall flavors perfect for any time this season.
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 7 mini Twix bars
- Apple slices and pretzels for dipping
- Cream together cream cheese, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Fold in whipped topping until mixed well.
- Using a sturdy cutting board, chop Twix into small pieces.Stir Twix into cream cheese mixture and scoop into a serving bowl.
- Serve dip with sliced apples and pretzels for dipping.
5. Worm Juice
Let’s not forget a tasty Halloween beverage to wash down all the yummy snacks!
- 1 package gummy worms
- 2 liter Sprite
- Green food coloring
- Fill small tumblers or shot glasses half-full with Sprite.
- Add 2 drops of food coloring to each glass and lightly stir.
- Place 3 gummy worms over the sides of each glass.
- Serve and enjoy!